one month down...

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

oh my gosh!

I am so so tardy. Cannot believe it has been almost 2 months since my last post. Tsk Tsk Tsk to me. Though I do believe I do have an excuse - the whole Xmas/New Years thing, and also it's a nice hot summer here.

So what have I been doing lately?

I've discovered and absolutely  http://www.psykopaint.com/
I cannot draw to save my life (does stick figures count?) and my paintings have been more on the so so end rather than worthy of placement in The National Gallery, but this site allows you to create absolutely gorgeous digital paintings out of photographs. Or for those who have a whole lot more skill than I - from absolute scratch.

I attended a wedding two weekends ago and was stuck for what the present should be. I've noticed the rage of late being all about word clouds as art, so I decided to create my own as a present to the bride & groom. After much trial and error and yelling at Photoshop, the internet provided me with the answer - http://www.tagxedo.com/
Here's one of the word clouds that I made (not the one that I gifted) - the letters are made up of the word "love" in approx 40 different languages.

The finished artwork was framed and accompanied by a handmade card (of course!)

I promised I will post a whole lot more frequently. Throwing in some tutorials and freebies when possible.

♥ 

0 comments: